Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Prodution Notes : Music is done!

Music is done, Yippy!

That's right, I went from tring to figure out the basic rhythms to a competed song.

I used my trusty old Amiga 2000 to do all of the instrumental parts. I used Sonic Drum Kit to test out the percussion tracks. I then switched over to using OctaMED SoundStudio. I had to split up the drum kits instrument bank into separate sounds. Once the percussion tracks were re-layed, I added the base and chord line. As an added touch, I put in a kettle drum track to give the song an old time Warner Bros spooky music effect that they used in their cartoons.

I then used Audacity, running on the Windows machine, to recorded the music from the Amiga and dubbed in the vocals.

So far, I have gotten good reviews of the result at work. People are humming to it everywhere, it's contagious!

I will be uploading the mod file for OctaMED and the finished mp3 onto AmiNET soon.

You can read futher details in my Prez Sez acticle in the April 2005 issue of the Northwest Amiga Journal. follow the link from NAG's website:Northwest Amiga Group

I still need to complete the video part of the project but at least I know how much animation I need to squeeze between scenes.

I am also doing the story for the main project and will be posting the chapters when they are completed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home